THEATER RENTAL RATES AND TERMS
(call 802-254-9276 or email to arrange a rental)
Theater Information - click here to see the floorplan of the theater and gallery.
- Stage with drapes: width 17', depth 10' 6", height 9' 8" and without drapes: width 18' 6", depth 12' 10", height 9' 8".
- The Theater has 99 seats.
- The Theater is outfitted with an eight-dimmer, dual grid lighting board with crossfaders, and a sufficient number of instruments to light the stage. Renters are welcome to refocus the lights to suit their particular needs.
Theater rental fees include a Base Rental Rate which varies with the day of the week, a percentage of ticket sales or donations, and optional equipment and service charges.
- To reserve a date, H-DT&G requires a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the Base Rental Fee. The balance of payment is due on the day of the event.
- Cancellation made less than two weeks before event will not be honored and full payment is expected.
- Shows must be over and people must be out of the Theater and Gallery space by 11 pm.
- Renters will be presented with a clean Theater, Gallery and restrooms and are responsible for leaving the spaces clean.
- Renters are responsible for their own liability and property insurance during the rental period. H-DT&G accepts no liability for accidents, property loss or other items which are beyond its control during the rental period.
Base Rental Rates
- Monday and Tuesday = $85 per performance
- Wednesday and Thursday = $120 per performance
- Friday and Saturday = $160 per performance
- Sunday = $135 per performance
Percentage of Ticket Sales
- Renters are responsible for keeping accurate records of ticket sales or donations, and pay H-DT&G 10% of total ticket sales or donations.
- When CD's DVD's and similar merchandise are sold during the event, renters will pay H-DT&G 10% of gross sales
- The webmaster has a list of ten online events calendars to promote events, and an email group list of radio and print media PSA outlets. For $10 flat fee, renters' events will be written up in the proper format and sent to all outlets for additional event promotion.
Rehearsal and Set-Up
- Renters receive two hours of rehearsal/set-up time per scheduled performance.
- Additional rehearsal/set-up time is $12 an hour.
- Renters are welcome to arrive at the theater 1 1/2 hours before curtain time at no charge.
- One temporary set of keys is available to renters for a deposit fee of $25. Keys must be returned at the end of the event.
Sound and Projection Systems
- The fee for use of our PA system is $50, plus $80 for a sound technician. For some events such as poetry readings or panel discussions, a sound technician is not required.
- Renters may use their own (approved) sound technician if Theater equipment is used, or they may use their own PA system.
- The fee for use of our projection system (digital projector, VCR, DVD player) is $30 per presentation. Renters may plug a laptop into our digital projector.
Reservation and Box Office Services
- We offer reservation service on our telephone answering machine for your production, beginning seven days before your event opens, for $25 per performance.
- We offer a staff member to sell tickets at the door for your event for $20 per performance.
- H-DT&G provides and sells concessions at events unless the renter has arranged with H-DT&G to do so. In that event, the renter will pay H-DT&G 25% of concession proceeds.
- H-DT&G will reserve two seats per performance to use as comps.
- The webmaster has a list of ten online events calendars to promote events, and an email group list of radio and print media PSA outlets. For $10 flat fee, renters' events will be written up in the proper format and sent to all outlets for additional event promotion. Promotional material sent less than two weeks in advance of event will incur a $5 surcharge.
- If the optional promotion package above is not taken, renters are responsible for all of their own publicity, including posters, flyers, press releases, mailings, etc. If HDT&G is handling the fee-paid web/email promotion, renters are responsible for their own posters, flyers, and mailings.
- Text and images on all promotional materials should be cleared with H-DT&G.
- We ask for an email copy of your press release and six posters/flyers no less than two weeks prior to the performance. If materials are received later than two weeks prior to the event, inclusion on the HDT&G web site calendar cannot be guaranteed. Press release should include event name, date, time, admission/donation price, and phone number for reservations and additional information.
- We put announcements for events on our telephone answering machine and include event listings on our website and in our weekly email newsletter to our patrons.